This post contains Amazon affiliate links. To find out more, read our disclosure statement.
J-E-L-L-O! I love Jello. There are so many different things you can do with it… and the best part, it is kid friendly. When I was young, my mom and dad use to make me and my brother’s Jello Jigglers. They had a white bottom and a clear colored Jello on top, kind of like the Jello in this recipe turns out. You really don’t need to know any special tricks to get this affect with Jello. You can thank gravity for the two-toned color effect with this recipe.
This recipe is great for the 4th of July. It is festive, yet super easy to put together. You can probably even let your kiddos take the lead with this one.
- 1 small package of Berry Blue Jello (4-1/2 cup serving size, 3.4oz pkg)
- 1 small package of Watermelon Jello (4-1/2 cup serving size, 3.4oz pkg)
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 bag Kraft StarMallows
- Toothpicks with frills on the ends. The ones I used are a tad longer than regular toothpicks. They measure 4″ long.
- Find an 8×8 baking pan and open your refrigerator and clean out a space for it. You will thank me later 🙂 Remove pan from fridge.
- Grease baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 1/2 cup water and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until boiling. Remove from microwave and add blue jello. Stir until completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup mini marshmallows and stir to melt. You’ll need to microwave an additional 30 seconds or so and stir stir stir stir stir until marshmallows are melted.
- When melted, pour into your prepared pan and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Repeat with red jello.
- Remove from fridge and slice into 1″ strips with a sharp knife. Roll the strips and add to toothpicks, with our without a fun star marshmallow!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This recipe makes 16 Jello rolls.
What is your favorite way to use Jello? Share them with us in the comments!