Have Some Fall Fun with this Fall Bucket List for Families
It’s finally Fall Y’all! Let’s celebrate with a little fall fun by completing this fantastic fall bucket list for families!
If you haven’t already started planning your family’s fun fall calendar, what are you waiting for? Fall means those hot, hot, summer days are behind us, the weather is cool enough to enjoy the outdoors more, and everything around you will make you want to decorate your house. Who doesn’t love a beautifully decorated fall porch? If you don’t have a porch, you can decorate the front door of your home.
It’s time to join in on all the Fall fun!
Got falling leaves? Have your children pick them up and carry them to the kitchen table! There are lots to be done and we’re going to need as many leaves as they can carry get started with the first item on our FALL BUCKET LIST! My personal favorite is a homemade leaf garland for the front door, but families with young children love messy leaf crafts, like painting, glitter, and window projects! You can use ANYTHING from nature, twigs, berries, and even bark.
Fall Bucket List for Families
- Create a fall craft using falling leaves.
- Go on a hike! It’s the best excuse to break in those new boots!
- Bake something pumpkin to share with a friend, classroom, or neighbor.
- Visit a farm!
- Take a scenic drive to see the changing leaves.
- Go camping!
- Collect leaves for a homemade wreath!
- Make leaf rubbings.
- Fly a kite on a breezy day!
- Make homemade pumpkin soap!
- Go apple picking (or Pecan picking).
- Visit a fall festival!
- Make pumpkin slime!
- Host a bonfire!
- Carve a jack-o-lantern.
- Watch the local football game!
- Make popcorn balls.
- Go to a parade.
- Visit a historic downtown to walk the shops.
- Take family photos outdoors!
- Make paper with fallen leaves!
- Host a harvest party/dinner.
- Make caramel apples
- Decorate! The dollar store is a great place to snag some really cute and affordable decorations!
- Make apple cider.
- Fill a few bags with some everyday essentials (warm socks, chapstick, hand warmers, toothbrush, snacks, and anything you think would help) and drop them off at your local shelter.
Don’t let Autumn go without completing everything on this list! Yes! All the twenty + activities! Everything on my list can be completed in a matter of days so there are no excuses to let fall slip by without having fun with your family! Did you notice my theme? My fall bucket list for families is all about spending time together, creating memories, crafts, giving back, and great goodies! — If you don’t already have a bag full of flannel blankets, you need to get them! Nothing says fall more than cuddling up in a blanket to watch your high school football team at homecoming, or wrapping up on the hayride at the Harvest Festival! They may seem obvious or traditional to you, but to your children, these are the memories they are going to remember for the rest of their lives! Leave a lasting impression on their minds with a memory of that fall they won’t forget! Twenty years from now they will ask “Mom, do you remember that year we did the fall bucket list? That was a fun year!”
Add to my fall bucket list! Tell us in the comments below what
your family’s MUST DO activity is in the fall!